Yahoo is an international web service provider that over the years has provided a number of services to its millions of users. Moreover, Yahoo sign in has enabled users to access its most popular services such as Yahoo mail, Yahoo answers, Yahoo messenger, news, finance, online mapping as well as video sharing among other interesting services. Yahoo sign in enables users to login to the Yahoo Mail account.
To use these services provided and offered by Yahoo one must have a Yahoo account. Creating a Yahoo account is an easy process and only takes a few minutes. Yahoo provides a step by step procedure for creating a yahoo account for its new users. With Ymail account, one is able to sign in and access services offered by Yahoo. Users can access services from their accounts from any locations of their choice. This could be from a personal device such as a mobile phone, or personal computer. It can also be from public devices such computers from a cyber café.
This then brings the fear of one’s account being accessed without their knowledge or consent. This is the major reason as to why Ymail sign in introduced settings. This enables its users to ensure adequate security as well as privacy over their accounts. Protecting your Ymail account is therefore very important and done basically through understanding the basic Yahoo log in details and procedure. Users must also understand the components and basic general features of Yahoo account.
Yahoo Account Sign In Requirements
To sign in to your Yahoo account one needs to have a Ymail account. In the absence of a Yahoo account, you can create one following guided procedure for creating a new Yahoo account. To log in to ymail account one should visit the official website for Yahoo from any browser. Below are the Ymail sign in requirements:
- Yahoo ID – From the sign in page on your device enter your ID or Yahoo username then click on ‘next’.
- Password – Enter your Yahoo password then click on sign in button. This gives you access to sign in to your Ymail account home page.
How to Update and Change Yahoo Mail Log In Settings
Yahoo users can update and change sign in setting at any time they wish to do so. Yahoo has provided its users with features from which they can edit any information or settings from their accounts. Below are steps on how to update and change Ymail sign in settings:
- Sign in – From any browser go to www.yahoo.com. From the log in page on your device enter your Yahoo user name then click on ‘next’. Next, enter your Yahoo password then click on sign in button. You will be signed in to your mail home page.
- Go to settings – Check your mail home page. From the right side of your device click on ‘settings’ to open a new window.
- Edit and update account information – From the new window, check the drop down menu on settings. Click on ‘accounts’ so as to open the account section of your settings, then click on ‘edit your account info’
- Verify your account – Next you will need to verify you account by entering your password. After verifying your account, click on ‘change sign in settings’ so as to change the necessary settings.
- Change settings – Change the Ymail sign in setting according to your preference. Always ensure adequate security and privacy over your account. You will be able to choose from the option ‘sign me out every’. Here, you can select the period you desire.
- Save changes – When you are through with making the changes, you can update them by clicking on save changes button.
Once you have saved changes all the settings that were done will be saved automatically. Users who didn’t save changes will have all that was done lost. He or she we have to start the process of Yahoo sign in all over again.