Facebook Avatars answer to Bitmoji -a similar avatar tool that has bought up by Snapchat in 2016 .once you have created an avatar you will be able to share them in different poses or scenes. Just as Facebook profile picture makes it easy for friends to recognize you, a business page is best represented by an AVATAR.
The word AVATAR refers to the embodiment or representation of a person. Facebook refers it to users’ pictures as their profile picture but many people use pictures that are not of themselves and some use images that look like AVATAR. Facebook Avatar are custom emoji-style characters that you create to look like you
Once you tap on the ‘Try it’ prompt, you’re taken through a couple of quick overview screens which explain the new option. Facebook keeps it simple here, there’s not a lot of detail on the process – which could be a mistake, given that Facebook will want to appeal to older users who are less familiar with the Bitmoji creation process, or with the similar process of creating your likeness in a video game. This is early days, though – a lot could change before the full rollout.
Create Your Very Own Facebook Avatar
- Check if you are using the latest version of the Facebook app
- Open your Facebook messenger and click on the “smiley face” button, then on the sticker tab, then on “Create Your Avatar!”
- Click the Facebook icon at the bottom of your screen, then scroll down and select “See More,” then click on “Avatars,” click on “Next,” then on “Get started.”
- One Reddit user said to make sure your location is turned on in Facebook
- Another Reddit user said they were able to get theirs by using the “get it” icon in the lower right-hand corner of someone else’s avatar
Once you are able to create your avatar, you can match it to your physical appearance and select outfits for it.